Friday 27 March 2015

Evaluation Question 3 - What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Throughout my course work, I was constantly asking friends and family what I could change or how I could improve my products. I feel feedback is very important as it allows me to develop and make necessary changes to all 3 of my products. When I was creating my ancillary texts the feedback I received was positive but constructive on ways to improve. For example, my magazine advertisement:

BEFORE
                                 AFTER

After I received my feedback, I feel my magazine advertisement looks more appealing and professional, as the product looks softer and appears more creative in appearance. On Photoshop I added a gradient and  faded the image out to black, I did this by using the gradient tool, however as I had a blue square layer behind the image to create the blue eyes effect; the gradient wasn't fully black and effected the colour of the image. I then used the rubber tool to remove the blue that wasn't needed, which allowed the gradient to stay the correct colour.



I asked some of my friends who are my target audience, to complete my survey to get the best feedback possible for my product as I know they will give me honest and reliable feedback, which will allow me to have the best outcome on my coursework. I decided to send them the link to my survey, music video and ancillary text to enable them to carry out my survey to the best ability.
I shared my blog address on twitter to allow my followers to see my improvements I have made on my products and to see the final products after there feedback. I have also placed a new survey on twitter, which will allow me to have a wider range of answers/feedback.





I created a final survey to enable me to gain feedback, I did this by using www.surveymonkey.com. I used this website as it allowed me to use a variety of different techniques to ask questions and it will enable me to see some of the the results in a table which allows me to compare and I have also got written feedback. The survey is shown below.

Create your own user feedback survey







During my feedback I decided to ask my target audience if they would buy my product on ITunes. My target audience are in social group E, therefore I would price my Digipak at £11.99, which is an affordable price for teens aged 17-25. I as a teen in this age category and demographic, wouldn't probably buy an album for more than this price unless it was a special occasion, or I was in some form of employment because a lot of people in this category are students. Students have little money to live on after paying fees, therefore I feel this price would be appropriate enough for this selected demographic. I think it is crucial that I advertise my package on ITunes; I would put my video and soundtrack on sale for £2.99, again an affordable price for the single choice on what they would like to view. My poster would feature in magazines such as Billboard and Big pop magazines, as this would attract a wider audience, meaning larger artist recognition selling more merchandise products etc

No comments:

Post a Comment